Sunday, June 6, 2010

What's important in choosing a sponsorship organization to you?

I recently put up a poll asking people what was most important to them when they choose to sponsor a child through a certain organization. I got some feedback that people either a.) had a reason not on there or b.) had more than one very important reason. Therefore I have decided to open up a discussion here for people to discuss what is most important to me.

I will start with a few of my most important:

1.) No religious affiliation-- this is very important to me because I don't feel children "deserve" more help based on their religion, nor do I think children should receive 'religious education' in a religion that they do not follow to get help.

2.) Ability to build a relationship: For me it is very important to not just have a relationship where a child gets help from a mysterious person-- I think that the relationship between sponsor and child are very important for BOTH parties. The child will have another person who cares for them and is able to see what is going on with the regularly, and the sponsor can build a bond with the child and therefore will feel more involved and become more involved in the child's life.

I guess these are my top two-- what are yours, and why?

1 comment:

  1. Your #1 is the main reason I went with Children International. Also, the amount of credibility that CI has earned was also a huge influence on my choice, as well as the lower sponsor fees.

    ReplyDelete