Saturday, August 28, 2010

Khayrunnesh'a Special Needs Gift (SNG) and Educational Support

Update (Original Post is here):

I just got the pictures, report and letter from Khayrunn today for her SNG and educational support. To recap, I sent in an inquiry about how best to help her with school and also if her family needed anything special. She is 17 and I wanted to make sure she gets all the support she needs these last few years (Kids graduate out of Children International at 19). I got back a report for educational needs for this year (Grade X) and the next two years, as well as an SNG.

Falling at a bad time, but needing the funds now to start the school year, I was lucky enough to have 3 fellow sponsors willing pool with me to donate towards her educational needs and SNG for this current year.

With this donation, she received tuitions (tutoring in 2 subjects) for 7 months, a school uniform, a lovely red bicycle to ride to and from class and tuitions, and aluminum cooking vessels for her family. The report is below:



Additionally, here are a few photos of her with her new goods. I have to point out that Khayrunnsha always has the most adorable salwaar suits and I would love for her to take me shopping sometime. She just picks beautiful fabrics and combinations.





And last but not least, the letter from Khayrunn herself to me and the others who donated for this:



Drawing on the back (Khayrunn has been drawing lovely village scenes for quite a few years now):


Now I need to start saving up for her school fees and tuitions for the next few years! (These are a bit more because they are higher education). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment