Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saba's SNG- received Oct 16, 2010

Hooray! After much torturous delay (well not really, but it felt that way to me!) I got my report form Saba's SNG which I sent in about 1.5 months ago. I asked that the money be used as needed for 1.) Saba's school needs, 2.) siblings school needs and 3.) anything else the family needs.

The family got:

4 months private tuitions for Saba (grade II)

1 Steel Almirah

1 detergent soap bar and 1 candy for the child

Child/Family Comments:

The child said, "Thank you Sponsor for the gifts and also for providing me with tuition support in my studies, which I needed."



How will the gifts benefit the child and/or family?

The child is in grade-II at present. She will be promoted to grade-III in Jan'11 only if she fares well in her grade-II final examination in Dec'10. The child and her family will use the steel almirah to keep their clothes, personal items and other valuables in a safe and proper manner. The family will use the detergent soap bar to wash their clothes regularly. (LOL, thanks for clearing that up about the soap! Wink)

Additional Comments:

The child has been provided with school fees, school bag and other school supplies from the Sponsorship Program funds. The siblings also did not have any immediate need for educational supplies. Hence, the family used the donation partly to provide tuition support to the child and partly for household needs.




P.S. I was quite surprised by the headscarf-- I had never seen Saba wearing one before, and as you can see in the picture, her mom doesn't wear one. My guess is that it is what she wears to school-- she switched school and studies at an Urdu school so I am guessing it is a Muslim school and requires a headscarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment